Monday, March 15, 2010

nurishment


Cattle beans soaking.

I made potato gnocchi to pair with the cattle beans. And dug some pesto out of the freezer, to bring the two together.



I love making soup stock, or should I say I love having soup stock in the freezer. In actuality, I get a little grumpy that I have run out, and need to make more. But its such a wholesome process, that my grumpiness dissipates. When I do make it, I make a lot, it keeps in the freezer beautifully. I roughly follow Deborah Madison's recipe in Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. I use lots of garlic, fresh herbs, greens (chard or kale), potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, parsnips etc.


Squash pizza, with leeks, crimini mushrooms, and sage pesto.

The squash pizza was to die for. I roasted a sugar dumpling squash, mashed it up with a little brown sugar and nutmeg. Then added it to some sage pesto I had in the freezer. Perfection. I sauteed some leeks and crimini mushrooms. And add some fresh mozzarella. The only thing I would change is, next time I would use fresh smoked mozzarella.

No comments:

Post a Comment