Friday, March 19, 2010

started starts



I started my first round of starts, this past week. Four trays worth! And still have a whole bunch to go. I have a bit of time before the next round. I used a paper-pot maker to make my pots. It is a little time consuming but, I don't mind. I much rather start my seeds in paper rather than plastic.

I have a huge soft spot for gardening. I start a bit of everything well, maybe more then a
bit! This round included: four varieties of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, broccoli, romanesco, chives, onions, leeks, celery, parsley, chamomile, larkspur, ornamental grass, verbena, black eyed susan vine, mexican sunflowers, blue flax, carnations, and moon flowers.

I left them outside during the day for a few days, it was unseasonably warm. But, they are now inside under grow lights. I have had great success in the past with starts. Utilizing the sun as a light source, with shelving I built into the window. Needless, to say I have high expectations this year. For I am starting seeds properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment