Sunday, April 4, 2010

soup and bread


Vegetable soup

Caramelized onion pull apart rolls

Soup and bread is the perfect dinner in my opinion. It is packed full of yummy goodness, and nurturing at the same time. Especially, when it is cold and wet outside, like last week. My soups tend to be more of a stew. I can not help myself, when chopping vegetables! This soup contained: sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, shiitake mushrooms, parsnips, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, bok choy, thyme, and soup stock. I also cooked up some yellowed eyed beans and brown rice to add to it. I leave out the rice and beans until serving time, I intensely dislike when the rice and beans explode and are super mushy.

The roll recipe I discovered a number of years ago in Martha Stewart Living. So yummy. This time I accidentally left out the egg by mistake, and intentionally used half whole wheat flour and the recipe still cam out beautifully! You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment